The 10 commandments of firearms safety
- 1. Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- 2. Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use.
- 3. Don't rely on your gun's "Safety."
- 4. Be sure of your target and what's beyond it.
- 5. Use correct ammunition.
- 6. If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care!
- 7. Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
- 8. Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
- 9. Don't alter or modify your gun, and have guns serviced regularly.
- 10. Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.